10 Things About Back to School Season that are AWESOME
1) With kids out of the house, there’s nobody around to eat the rest of your brisket. It’s all yours!
2) More traffic, which leaves ample time for catching up on those podcasts you enjoy so much. Also, grab a sausage wrap for a mid-commute snack. You’ll thank us later.
3) It’s pretty much football season, and that’s something that we can all enjoy and agree on. Who doesn’t love a good tailgate?
4) Hatch Green Chiles are in season, so it’s time to try some of Pok-e-Jo’s special pork green chile sausage!
5) Because learning is….. Fun?
6) Time to get back to packing lunches. You know what never gets traded away? A cold left-over brisket & cheese sandwich. Also Oreos.
7) You may be stuck in class but at least it’s air-conditioned
8) You needed an excuse to buy a new shirt, since all of your other ones are still covered in BBQ sauce….#ThatllNeverComeOut
9) While we don’t recommend wasting food whatsoever, you will win any food fight with a large chopped beef sandwich and a side order of beans.
10) More Pokemon for the rest of us. Is that still a thing? We hope so. Hey, who wants a hat?
Batten Down the Hatch… Green Chiles!
Every year from early August until late September, the fields on New Mexico near the Rio Grande are filled with green plants bearing the distinct and delicious Hatch Green Chile. This chile’s flavor is bold, earthy, slightly spicy and subtly sweet with a hint of smoke. While these chiles can be roasted or frozen and made available year round, fresh hatch chiles are only available during the Hatch green chile season, and that’s why Pok-e-Jo’s, for a limited time, will now serve Smoked Hatch Green Chile Sausage at all of our locations!
Our hatch green chile sausage is an all pork sausage made with garlic, pepper and, of course, delicious hatch green chiles that is smoked to perfection and served any way you like it.
Our green chile sausage can be served in place of our original beef sausage on plates, sandwiches or by itself. And while this may be just one person’s opinion, I recommend getting a green chile sausage and chopped beef combination sandwich! Try it…seriously it’s delicious.
So come in to any Pok-e-Jo’s location and give it a try today, tomorrow or anytime until the end of September! This seasonal special is tasty but it won’t last long!